Ok, so we needed some marketing levity. This is an actual sign up at a busy intersection (note: the phone number is blurred to protect the identity of the “remodeler”).
This is what this type of advertising says about this “business”:
- Most likely unlicensed, uninsured, uncertified
- Doesn’t care about quality for himself, why would he provide quality materials for your job
- At the point where he’s working out of the back of his truck if this is the level of his advertising and will probably disappear with your deposit
- $9999 includes up to… (What happens to the price after that?)
- 13 Wood Cabinets (plywood?)
- 40 S/F Granite top (so is that a 8×5′ slab)
- Sink and Faucet (the ones he pulled out from an old job?)
- Free Estimate – now there’s the only positive message
Don’t Insult Your Customer’s Intelligence. You will lose them at “hello”.
Most adults can add: $250 towards $1250 credit = $1000.
(Already tricky, what will happen when they do the job?)
Also, how much will you be paying for the minimum windows and doors? Are they marked up $1000? True value is not represented in this ad and the average reader knows it. Wasted advertising dollars.
So as I find really scary, tricky, or just plain bad marketing and advertising I will post. You are welcome to add to the collection but please obscure the identity of the culprit (free link to your website!).